What should I get next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Polads

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 50 gal FW, and its current occupants are 1 cloud gourami (just a pearly white color), 7 glass fish, and 4 panda corry's. I'd like to add more color to the tank, but I don't know what to get. I really like my corry's and the glass fish they are a lot of fun to watch. Anywho...I just want some fish to add a little color to my tank. Any suggestions... :)

I would avoid barbs with gouramis those feelers are too much of a target. Angel fish would work, rams would work, a school of tetras would work. Rainbow fish would be a viable option as well.

To add more color without much fuss to your tank I would reccomend a school of True Rummynose Tetra (about 3 - 4 )
They're a magnicifant color, and are easy to care for.

Along those lines, I like Serpaes. I've heard that they tend to be a bit nippy, but in a school of 6-8, they seem to confine their aggression among themselves. . . .Anyway, I've had gourami in there with them and nary a problem.

I have long fined cherry barbs and they a very very pretty and colorfull and they don't bother my gouramis. Just keep them in bigger groups I have 6 of them.

if you don't mind spending some money, get some boesmani or turquoise rainbows

Back
Top Bottom