What to do with a tiny tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheeky_monkey

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was given a few extra tanks with one I purchased a few days ago, all really good sized.

Except one.

It's only 1.8g! I have absolutely no idea what to do with it, I don't even know if it's big enough for snails. I really hope he didn't have a fish in it.

Suggestions?

Shrimp! I would go with some neocaridina like red cherry, blueberry, blue pearl, or yellow. :)

I love mandarins too! It's a bummer they don't reproduce though.

Look into a pistol shrimp and goby pair. Candy cane pistol shrimp only gets 2 pr 3 inches and will pair with hand full of fish

The only shrimp I've seen in the LFS's near me are cherry shrimp.
I'm in Australia so perhaps some of those aren't available here?

What sort of environment do I need to create in the tank for shrimp and how do I filter such a tiny tank?

Well I went with cherry shrimp. Got some yesterday. I bought 3 and the lfs gave me 4 plus two babies. Two of the girls were berried and one dropped her babies overnight. Now I have microscopic baby shrimp all over the tank!

SWEET! I have found that I can sell my rcs to my lfs because they are not the most common thing aorund here. If you get enough of them (and they breed a lot, so you will get a lot of them), I suggest you try to sell them too. You typically don't get much money, but it feels really good to know that something you nurtured and raised is able to bring joy to other fish tanks IMO. :)

They are so tiny and hang out in the floating plants or at the surface of the water.

Is there anything specific I need to do for them?

Back
Top Bottom