What to stock in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keegster803

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello, I am buying a new 20 gallon starter kit tank, and I was wondering what to stock it with, I like endler's but don't know where to get them, but If I get them I want other fish that are compatible with them. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Guppies, Platies, Mollies, Loaches, tetras, swordtails, danios, cories, killifish, and hatchets are all good tank mates that will fit in your tank. If you decide to do a planted tank I would suggest some hardy plants that can handle the hardiness (Java Fern or Java Moss work great!) Anyway back to the fish I would suggest 7 Endlers, 6 Black Neon Tetras, 4 Julii Cories, 5 Kuhli Loaches, and a Bristlenose Pleco. Your stocking level would be 94%. But this is just my stocking idea (I love bottom feeders, not sure about you) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the help, and I love cories, they are so cute when they are little

I am buying it in a day or two, I just earned the last $10 in a poker game

Guppies, Platies, Mollies, Loaches, tetras, swordtails, danios, cories, killifish, and hatchets are all good tank mates that will fit in your tank. If you decide to do a planted tank I would suggest some hardy plants that can handle the hardiness (Java Fern or Java Moss work great!) Anyway back to the fish I would suggest 7 Endlers, 6 Black Neon Tetras, 4 Julii Cories, 5 Kuhli Loaches, and a Bristlenose Pleco. Your stocking level would be 94%. But this is just my stocking idea (I love bottom feeders, not sure about you) :)

Wouldn't suggest mollies in a 20 gal need 30gal atleast, what you've suggested is what id suggest although I never seem to be able to get endlers anywhere but platys are my preference in stead of endlers.

I have a powder blue gourami, 12 neon tetras, and striped kuhli loaches in my 20 gal. The bright blue and red of the neons and the bright blue of the gourami look amazing against the bright green and dark red of my plants. You could do maybe a flame gourami too, to keep with the monochromatic theme, and instead of loaches, do habrosus cories. They're adorable and very active. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405964253.430808.jpg one of many options you could do. I really love how the fish stand out more when you keep to a color scheme that contrasts with their environment, though

Back
Top Bottom