What type of algae is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After looking online I know I had some blue green on my java moss which I tossed it was slimy looking in spots and also on my front glass I have small green dots which I am guessing is green spot lol

I am gonna cut back on ferts but not my lighting

I have this too in my 75 gal, I don't use any ferts but my tank sits about 50 feet from a huge picture window so I'm sure I need to cut back on lighting! This type of algae is so hard to get rid of and so annoying!! But I guess I will have to just deal with it to a certain extent because I'm sure as heck not going to be moving my 75 gal tank anytime soon! :)

Tigroscr said:
I have this too in my 75 gal, I don't use any ferts but my tank sits about 50 feet from a huge picture window so I'm sure I need to cut back on lighting! This type of algae is so hard to get rid of and so annoying!! But I guess I will have to just deal with it to a certain extent because I'm sure as heck not going to be moving my 75 gal tank anytime soon! :)

Mine is also near a window but it's the only spot for the tank in the living room kitchen area so during the day I cover the tank and from 4-12 it's uncovered when the lights are on

Back
Top Bottom