what type of cichlid is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
My orthodontist has a tank full of these fish in black and yellow. What are they?

Not sure about the two on the right, but the one one the far left is a sikorsky helo cichlid. Very rare....

Sorry! Could not resist! :)

There are quite a few folks here that are great with mbuna so I'm sure you'll get a real answer soon.

Well thanks for the replies... from what I've seen, they're pretty cool fish, but they are very shy. If I walk close to their tank, they all hide In a big rocky area...

Oh and let me clarify-they are yellow-orange colored. There were two little babies in there too- one yellow and one black. :)

ohhh ok that makes it easier to recognize but if i were you ill post pics of them so we wont give you thousands of names and or post them on the cichlid forum those guys over there are really helpful and mostly nice

abrahamavelar said:
ohhh ok that makes it easier to recognize but if i were you ill post pics of them so we wont give you thousands of names and or post them on the cichlid forum those guys over there are really helpful and mostly nice

I can't post any more pics... that's the only pic I took. Sorry

Back
Top Bottom