what type of cory?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mappy306

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey folks. My tank just cycled (fish in). I have 5 zebra danios. Im looking to get some corys. I wanted sterbai corys but my lfs wants $10 per fish. Anyone have any suggestions on a another type of cory or bottom feeder for a 26gallon community? Im thinking about getting 5 bottom feeders. Thanks

Otocinclus catfish are one of the best algae eaters on the market. My knowledge on Cory's is pretty week so you'll have to ask someone else but I can suggest even better alternatives

I was thinking of getting also otos also. Let me know what you like and i can research your suggestions. Im open to anything thats not too expensive. $50 for sterbai corys is a bit much. But im excited that im finally cycled and ready to add some fish.

Not to hijack your thread, but I was wondering the same thing. I really want a school of 4-5 small corys. Is there a specific kind that would be better than others? I've heard panda corys are good?

Okay here's a list

Hi fin banded sharks (my profile pic)
Plecos
Golden algae eater
Bristle nose plecos
Any of the round mouth catfishes work

Heard of pandas too I think there neat but with corydoras there behavior is pretty fluent thought the genus but they really aren't the best algae eaters the prefer to scavenge uneaten food I seriously would do more research before making a decision though

Its cool Rose22. I was thinking the same thing of getting more smaller size fish than having a few bigger bottom dwellers.

Hi there! If you are going to get Otocinclus Catfish, I would recommend waiting about six months so your tank is more established. Otos are a bit sensitive, and require an established tank. :)

Back
Top Bottom