what variety of Gourami's are these pls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DazUK

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi guys,

i recently saved these 2 gouramis from a friend of a friend as they were in a disgusting tank and could hardly be seen and would like to know which variety they are. i've been led to believe they are both dwarf gouramis. any info would be much appreciated. i currently have them quarantined in a 20 gal tank.

many thanks

Darren

Attachments

• IMG_01136.JPG
    IMG_01136.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_01138.JPG
    IMG_01138.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 67
Wait, are honey, sunset, and flame three different type of gouramis or are atleast two of them different names for the same one? :confused:

Flame gouramis are also red gourami and neon red. Honey are also called honey flame, but they aren't flames. Sunsets are just sunsets. They are all three different types. If only they could have not crossed over names. It gets so confusing. haha

Flame gouramis are also red gourami and neon red. Honey are also called honey flame, but they aren't flames. Sunsets are just sunsets. They are all three different types. If only they could have not crossed over names. It gets so confusing. haha

Ok some people also refer to one as "honey sunset" so I don't even know anymore lol

Those are honey gouramis.

Let's do scientific to stop the confusion
Honey/honey sunset/honey flame: Colisa chuna
Flame/Red/Neon Red: Colisa lalia
Sunset: Colisa labiosus

There are sunset versions available for Colisa lalia, C. chuna, and C. labiosa. The fish in the pic look like C. lalia to me.

They are a male and female honey dwarf gourami, the male being the more brightly colored one. I have seen honey sunsets and they are more red in coloration and have a little blue tinge around the tip of their fins.

Back
Top Bottom