What would you recommend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trustnoone

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good day,

I have a 15 GA community tank with a Beta, 5 red eye tetras, a red tail shark, albino catfish, and a mystery snail. Aside from the beta most seem to hang around the bottom of the tank.

I would like to add a few fish that prefer the top third of a tank. Any recommendations?

TNO

Your tank is actually overstocked now, the red tail shark needs a much larger tank and will most likely become aggressive.
Freshwater Shark

fully agree with that. they reach 5-6 inch plus aggression as they are older. how many albino catfish are in the tank? i am guessing a bn pleco or cories?

The red tail is no more than an inch now. I'll watch him as he grows.

yes but what will you do when he grows. it doesnt take too long. have a pic of this albino catfish?

Plan A would be to get a bigger tank once they get bigger :D

Attachments

• DSC01214.jpg
    DSC01214.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC01222.jpg
    DSC01222.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 59
And it's neighbours:

Attachments

• Shark.jpg
    Shark.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 54
  • snail.jpg
    snail.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC01019.jpg
    DSC01019.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 59
The thing about having a fish that is suppose to get big in a tank that it to small the outside stunts but the internal organs keep growing and shortening the fishes life. Think about wearing underwear about 5 sizes to small they might go on but they aren't comfortable.

That is good to know. What is the minimum size for the stock I have now?

Right now with the fish you have minus the red tail shark you are about right maybe a little over but most of your fish aren't that big of a bioload. That is why everyone was wondering what type of albino catfish you have, if it was a pleco you would be way over the bioload even it if small.

You will have to keep on top of your water changes.

I am one of those that under stock my tanks just because it is easier to take care of.

Im suprised the betta is getting along with everything else... Is it just me?

I am not to concerned about the betta being aggressive towards the other fish it is more that the tetras can be nippy and his fins would be damaged but in the picture he seemed fine.

The beta seems to have staked out his territory in the top right of the tank. The tetras hang out in the lower rear and the red tail on the lower left. Everyone seems to get along fine. I've had the betas and the tetras for nine months.

Plan A would be to get a bigger tank once they get bigger :D
thats a cory. they do best in groups. the thing with fish if they dont have the room to move they will be stunted. like the goldfish lives for years what i think 20+ but kept in a bowl the skin stops growing but the insides keep growing until it explodes.

Back
Top Bottom