What's in betta cups that makes the water blue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I qestions about it then is how can you tell if something atacking the hemogloblin, and how does cynide[the pioson right?] get into a tank.

Pyro.. I was letting you know the uses for methylene blue in humans.. Hence the lab kit. If your fish has cyanide poisoning (many fish are caught using cyanide and subsequently die) I suppose it would work. It is a fairly common med to use for a preventative dip for fish before placing them in your tank. I suppose it would help increase their oxygenation and overall health. It is a mild anti-bacterial in small
Doses.

didn't know that. feel like an idiot now:confused:

Don't feel stupid. I didn't know that either until I googled "methylene blue" to get that Wet Web Media link I posted. One of the hits was a link to a Mayo Clinic article, and I was like no way, so I had to click on it and read. I had no clue that it had applications for human medicine. (y)

I over it now anyway. My sister calls me stupid all the time
I think I shold mention this is my first thread that got more than 200 views and 20 replies as well as more than 2 people (inculding myself)posting

Never call yourself stupid. The only stupid questions are the ones that should've been asked but never were. I worked in a medical lab for 14 + years. That's the only reason I had that little tidbit to share. You asked about a lab kit so I answered your question.

Back
Top Bottom