When can I add the rest of my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Musket

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I think my 46g is cycled. Currently there are 4 gold severums (about 1 in each) 2 angels (1" each), 2 dwarf honey gourami (1" each) and 2 blue mystery snails (.5" ea). They have been in the tank for a week now. The snails and one angel for only 4 days.
For the last 4 days my ammonia is 0, NitrAtes 7, ph 7. Temp was 76, I just turned it up to 79. I just read in another line that higher temps help the bacteria. That and the temp of the inhabitants of the tank that needs to be moved is 80.
I added bio spira on Monday evening even though water parameters were the same as above, and this was a day after a 30% water change.

So I have about 20" of fish and snail that need to be transferred to this 46g tank. Do I move them all at once? Is my tank ready to take them? How do I tell? Should I wait another few days? (my betta is sick so I have to wait at least until he is better, or should I move everyone but him?)

I have not done a water change in about 5 days. SHould I do another 30% and see what my levels are in 2 days?

Help. I'm nervous and anxious and do not want to harm anyone, I've had these guys for nearly 2 years, the big tank was bought for them. (Well, lets be honest.. for me and them)
1- 4" chocolate pleco
2- 4" iridescent gouramis
1- 1.5" male betta - currently ill with droospy
1- 1" female betta
2- 1.5" algae eaters
1- 1" brown mystery snail
1- .5" brown mystery snail
2- 1" guppies
? 3- 1" ghost shrimp? Have not seen them in days

It looks to me like your 46 gallon tank is pretty wll stocked the way it is. Those severums will get pretty large at least 8 inches. If the bio-spira worked properly the tank should be cycled all ready.

yeah, I know the severums will need a bigger tank later on. Maybe when we get our own house, my husband will be so tired of seeing so many tanks he will just let me get a few really big ones :)

How do you think I should handle the transfer?

Back
Top Bottom