Where are our fish going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4thgradescience

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I just needed to vent to others that will appreciate our problem. My daughter brought home an African frog last year from school. It is responsible for our enjoyable new hobby of fish (and frog) keeping. Well the frog was sold as a dwarf frog to the science teacher so that is what we thought we had. It keeps getting bigger and bigger and fish started disappearing. We now realize it is an African clawed frog and it is eaten two zebra danio and two sunset platies. Ugh! Hoping to rehome it soon before it goes after our panda cory cats.

Also dealing with unwanted ramshorn snails. They must have come in on a plant and I missed the eggs. I have pulled about ten itty bitty ones out of out tank. How many more do you think I will find? Can they reproduce when they are so small? We bought Nerite snails so that we would not be overrun with snails.

Thanks for letting me vent. :fish1:

I think most of us feel your pain. We've all bought inappropriate fish, Pacus, Irridecent Sharks, among others that quickly outgrew the undersized tank. Nothing like waking up seeing the lifeless body of your new $40 show fish, in the mouth of your $5 cichlid, that you couldn't rehome. Its always something. Lol.
As for the snail problem, either have to manually remove them, use a vegetable bait, or buy a Loach to eat them.

Back
Top Bottom