Where did they come from???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrscbennett

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 29 gallon tank that has been set up for about a year. There is one pair angels, some assorted tetras, two small bristle nose and a couple of panda cities. I haven't put any new fish, plants, or decor in for a few months. Today I found a few small snails with long conical shells. The are only about 1/8 inch. What kind are they and where could they have come from? The tank has no live plants. Thanks!

I have a 29 gallon tank that has been set up for about a year. There is one pair angels, some assorted tetras, two small bristle nose and a couple of panda cities. I haven't put any new fish, plants, or decor in for a few months. Today I found a few small snails with long conical shells. The are only about 1/8 inch. What kind are they and where could they have come from? The tank has no live plants. Thanks!

Sounds like the kind that borrow and starts with an M (why can't I remember! Ahh!). Maybe you never noticed cuz they were in your substrate?

I read once, don't know exactly how true it is, that MTS eggs can be introduced into tanks through certain bottom feeder pellets. MTS are pretty harmless though, and they will stir up your substrate which is a good thing. They breed fairly slowly as long as you're not really over feeding.

Back
Top Bottom