Which angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went to a new fish store today in my area. They had quite a few different types of angels for a good price. They had quarter sized Altums and platinum angel fish for only $6. Which angelfish do you like best? Also would it be okay to only put a angle fish in a ten gallon for a very short time to let it grow a little bigger? The angels in my larger tank are quite a bit bigger and I don't want them to Harass the little guy too much.

Yeah, it should be fine to stick them in a 10 for a little while. Marbles are my personal favorite. How many angels do you have in your larger tank and what size is it?

ZnmBOEb.jpg

Wow altums for $6. That sounds wrong. Altums are one of the rarest species of angels and are mostly wild caught. I'd bet they were scalare.

They were labeled Peru Altums. I have a 44 gallon pentagon with two angels, an empty but cycled ten, I'm getting a 55 gallon tomorrow.

Wow if they're true altums for $6 I woulda snatched them up so fast. That's a crazy steal.
Edit: just looked that up and they're scalare just with a morph called "Peru altum". Not true altums. Nvm

Oh that sucks. I thought they were truly scarce . I think I'm going to go with platinums. I like their color and when they get really big they get a blueish tint.

Well I like Koi and Black Lace the best but I've never really seen a platinum one in person

Back
Top Bottom