whisper filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shayfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My tetra whisper 5-15 is creating a lot of turbulence in my 5 gallon tank. I have never had these kinds of filters and I don't see a way to turn down the flow. Is there anything I can do?

is there a knob on top of the filter? thats the flow control, I know my whisper filter has one on top but its made for a 60gal tank, yours might not have a flow control on there.. i wouldnt recommend blocking up your intake with a large rock either.. that will burn out the pump haha

i don't think whispers have flow control on the low end (ive the same model) what you could do is place it at a end of the tank so it "spills" out straight into a cornoer to take the force of it.

you can try to tinker with the impeller if you want to or try to blcok part of the pump/intake

sounds liek your intake tube might not be pushed down all the way, which means the impellar isn't seated all the way, it take sosme fooling around with but I guarentee it will prolyl pop down about a 1/4" my whisper did that everytime I took it apart to clean it

Kennef, is that ever clever. Wow.

I am quite sure that the tube is as far down as it can go. I will have to start thinking about something to divert some of the flow...

Back
Top Bottom