White thing on fish. Very urgent help required please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Guppy guy for the reply. Yes lesson learned about water quality. I am using Tetra medicine for fungual infections and fin rot but it isn't helping and also not protecting spreading of the disease. I am noticing its going on other fish too very mild signs.

The main target fish is very bad and her mouth has infected by mouth rot now. Don't know what to do. Trying everything but no use. Now going to tey doxycycline.

Lost that fish. It spreads in hours. Started from a little dot to end up taking fish's life. Closed her mouth almost. I did water change and started Doxycycline treatment now. I hope I can get rid of it.

I need suggestion that if and when I see the disease gone. How much water I need to change? I am thinking to do a large water change once I see the disease have been completely eradicated. Please reply. Thanks

I lost her. All my fault. I had so many issues going on to not change water as usual. Water was looking clear as air even after three weeks. So I thought I could do a little neglecting. But all my fault that poor fish died.

I want to know that I see like hundreds of tanks in LFS do they change water like every week? I honestly didn't believe its so necessary to change as a strict rule. My tank is overstocked but I am running two big powerhead filters including a UV sterilizer. Didn't expect this to happen. But lesson learned now I will change 30 percent water weekly even if I am on my death bed. Very sorry to see the poor fish go.

On an over stocked tank it should probably be 30 percent twice a week unless heavily planted. But that's just my opinion as every tank is different and can depend on size and age of fish as well.

On an over stocked tank it should probably be 30 percent twice a week unless heavily planted. But that's just my opinion as every tank is different and can depend on size and age of fish as well.
That I know. I mean if an when the tank is treated shall I do a large water change like say 75%?

Back
Top Bottom