why are my cory's dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sniperfreak

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just added 4 julii cory's to the tank on Thursday...they were drip acclimated and appeared to be doing fine for the first two days,but this morning I found one dead, and another is acting very lethargic and swimming with it's head down. My parameters are fine (0-0-20) and the other fish seem fine, I'm really bothered by this, as I hate losing fish and not being able to figure out why. Any ideas?

This is case where maybe the cory's should have been quarantined first. My guess is they werent well when you bought them, and it sometimes takes a couple of days until they succumb.

Just out of curiosity, what are you feeding them? Tank size? Water temp?

I think Chriz has it. Would you happen to know how long the LFS had them prior to you purchasing them? Cories are notoriously weak through regular wholesalers unfortunately. Sorry for your loss.

This is case where maybe the cory's should have been quarantined first. My guess is they werent well when you bought them, and it sometimes takes a couple of days until they succumb.

Just out of curiosity, what are you feeding them? Tank size? Water temp?

sinking shrimp pellets, 55 gallon, 78*

Back
Top Bottom