Wierd thing in tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rusilja

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello

Today I saw a strange thing crawling on my tank's window.
It was slightly pink, and looked like worm.
Could it be a snail that lost it's house?

becouse it looked realy gross 8-O

If it was pinkish-red and thread-like, I'd guess it's a tubifex worm. When I was fishless cycling my 20L, I had tons of them. They're generally an indicator of really bad water quality.

If it was flat and transparent with an arrow shaped head, it's a planarian. Also an indicator of bad water quality.

Planeria isnt bad water quality well it is and isnt, planeria usually happens with overfeedings and the fish usually eat them and the pods that come along with them. Planeria will disappear if you cut back on the feedings after a decent PWC.

If it was pinkish-red and thread-like, I'd guess it's a tubifex worm. When I was fishless cycling my 20L, I had tons of them. They're generally an indicator of really bad water quality.

If it was flat and transparent with an arrow shaped head, it's a planarian. Also an indicator of bad water quality.
Not always...they can also show up in recently set up aquariums as things are settling out. I wouldn't worry too much about it but you could do an extra water change to be safe. ;)

If it was pinkish-red and thread-like, I'd guess it's a tubifex worm.

If you feed tubiflex like i do then there is a chance that is it. Even though they are dry cubes of dead worms the eggs in the food from the worms can re animate. This is not uncommon in the animal world. Most of the time fish like to find, catch, then eat the little worms. I would say you have nothing to worry about.

But I think it was a snail without it's house, Becouse I remember braking it once. I have more than 20 snails, and removed more than 20 already -.-" It's virus here.

But even if it was something else, I can't find it, maybe fishh already ate it :)

Back
Top Bottom