Would a pair of Bolivian Rams work for me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishliker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, I have been searching for the fish I want t add to my 29 gallon tank; looked at many schooling fish, peacock gudgeons... Now thinking the Rams. 29 gallon tank with 4 honey gourami. PH 7.1, kh 3, gh 4. I had one before in this tank but he got where he lived in the hollow log all the time so eventually I took him back to the store. Now my pH is lower, it was running around 7.6-7.8. I used to use a bag of crushed coral to keep it stable but since have gotten brave enough to have slowly taken out all the coral. So that's why I'm thinking hopefully I could keep Rams now. So would they do well with honey gourami, in a 29 gallon tank, with water I have listed above? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I think a pair would be ok, theyll want the bottom and I believe the gourami stay mid to top?? Create lots of structure with dw, rocks and live plants, a Sandy bottom is recommended as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416150145.728774.jpg thanks! This is the tank. Any suggestions for better structure for Rams?

I'd do one gourami, but that's just me. Whatever you do, be sure that there's only one male in the tank.

Two Bolivians would be fine in that tank. They'll appreciate your floating plants, low GH, and low-ish pH. I'd get one more cave for them to hide in.

Want to thank you for responses. Im not going with the Rams... Brookster it was your comment about their claiming the bottom. The honeys are all over the tank and enjoy the hollow log, so I decided to add one or 2 more honeys instead.

If they spawn they'd be beating the crap out of the gourami at the bottom;)

If they spawn they'd be beating the crap out of the gourami at the bottom;)

Yeah, that's what I wouldn't want. ?. I like things just the way they are, peaceful and relaxing.

Single rams are peaceful towards tankmates. Of course, you'd be missing out on the mating fun.

Colors are always better in dwarf cichlids when both sex are present.

Back
Top Bottom