Would love advice! Bumblebee Goby & freshwater pea puffer fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-Rexx

Aquarium Advice Activist
I found these two fish in a mom and pop shop. Both super precious fish! And not very common to come upon! I didn't get them because I need to get my tank healthy again. But when that is, I'm interested in them! I have done some research on the internet about them both but I keep hearing different things of whether I could even keep them or not. So who else better to ask then you all!!! Would these fish even be able to live in a freshwater habitat? I own tropical community tank. I hear they can be community freshwater but i also hear they are brackish. Also some say they're aggressive and some say they aren't. are they better in groups or alone? lol any information would be great! Thanks! ^_^ :fish2:

pea or dwarf puffers are freshwater. you have to be carefull with gobies though because some are brackish. never heard of a bumble bee being aggressive. And dont let the puffer fool you. they are cute as can be. but they are lil' meanies. from everything I've read, they are not good in a community tank. and tanks should be heavily planted so as to avoid quarrels between males. good luck with that.

Thanks for the advice! I don't want to put a fish in my tank that wont survive and my balloon pearl gourami already thinks he owns my tank so I think I should pass. I don't think my fish would want anymore terrors added especially since my tank is not heavily planted!

bumblebee are best kept in light brackish water
dwarfs are strictly freshwater and most successful in a species only tank.

Back
Top Bottom