You tube fx5 water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Perryuk

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone seem the you tube vid of the guy changing water through filter ? He treats tank but pumps water back in through filter , i thought all that untreated eater passing through media would kill bb . Been looking at the fluval as new filter an like the ease of changing water but unless I'm missing something in vid I don't think it's a good idea.

I didn't see the video you mentioned but pumping untreated water through the filter media into the tank doesn't sound like a smart idea.

The FX5 is a good filter though. I've been using one for over a year now with no issues.

If you take the filter pad out while you are pumping water into the filter then I can see why he would do it. It would create less disturbance in the tank especially if you have sand.

Yeah suppose you could remove media refill , I just think I would get a panic on about it I like to treat my water in the bucket even before it reaches tank lol

You can also use a laundry basket and fill it up with water treat and then pump it up with your filter

I pour untreated water directly into my HOB and it doesnt hurt... Wouldnt leave it long though...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom