Your opinion on my future fish store? Thanks(:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vundercoverdog

Aquarium Advice Regular
So i've thought of when i grow up i would open a local fish store. invest on opening a fish store that specializes in bettas. I've seen a lot of mistreated bettas in pet store chains and was wondering if you would buy one that well taken care of in a 2.5-5 gal tank on display. With healthy finnage and great filtered water along with a good diet? I could save money by breeding them and sell interesting pure or hybrids (HM &CT= HalfSUn) but i need to know if people would be interested. The store would have a large betta display but i could do other things like live plants or other types of fish like guppy's or chichilids?as well as turtles. Tell me what you think?

Prices- It's not bad considering some people pay $50 for pairs and then pay shipping cause most are imported from thailand.
HM- $20
CT-$18
Delta- $12- Super Delta- $15
King- $20
HalfSUns (hybrid)- $25
Viels (regular)- $10
Females-$5
^If bought with Pair she will be free

also for new tanks What ever the size of the tank i will give them cycled water for free. Ie They buy a 10 gal. i will give them 10 gal f cycled water for free. Also i will advise them to cycle the the tank before buying any fish. If they don't thats their problem. Also i will give free water tests.

I know location, marketing, economy have to be taken under consideration but right now i just want to know your opinion about the concept. :oops: Thanks !

sounds pretty good,but a $10 veiltail?!? i got mine for 6. and an 18$ crowntail? i can get one for 8 lol. youve got a good idea but might wanna make the prices lowere

HM- $20
CT-$18
King- $20
HalfSUns (hybrid)- $25
Viels (regular)- $10
Females-$5

Sorry but wat is this?!^ nd just bettas?

HM- $20
CT-$18
King- $20
HalfSUns (hybrid)- $25
Viels (regular)- $10
Females-$5

Sorry but wat is this?!^ nd just bettas?
by "^" i think he means to point to female betta. and yes,the listed ones are all bettas

The water wont do anything to cycle a tank. You could give them filter media when you change it out.
I've been wanting to do this too. We could do it together haha. Bc you can't do something like this alone.
Id take a business or economics class in college.

Oooooo ok well yea the prices are high in my opinion anyway hope it works out

Nd i ment that wat was HM, Delta nd super delta CT? not wat ^ that ment sorry

And yeah it'd be cool to have a section of bettas all in like 2.5 or 5 gallon tanks. Or you could get a bigger tank like a 20 long and put solid dividers in it

Nd i ment that wat was HM, Delta nd super delta CT? not wat ^ that ment sorry
HM is halfmoon,delta and super delta are almost halfmoon(i think),with super delta being closer to halfmoon,and CT is crowntail

These bettas won't be like the ones you would buy at a petstore they would be in great (of course)better conditions than in a pet store. You would be buying quality bettas not cuped bettas with one fin in the grave. lol

Yea by "^" im saying if you buy a male i will give you the female free (if you want it) sort of like a breeeders special.

Tarpon It would be amazing but i'm only 16 i'm talking about when im older :) lol but if you would be interested in a couple years let me know ;P

The majority bettas but like i said i could do different fish or aquatic things. Would someone else to hand saltwater cause i dont know squat.

You'd need people to take care of each section of fish, as well as someone to cover the business aspect if u didn't want to do that

Yeah of course. I would work part time and then when i know someone trustworthy i would have someone handle it for me

Back
Top Bottom