Dalmation mollies soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
neurotik....not sure if you have a place near you, but my local petco, but not the petsmart will accept fry to adopt out or take a feeders. There are also two other local privately owned petstores who will actually pay for the fry as feeders.

In my case, I had loads and loads of guppies. They were nice quality and so I seperated the fry once they started getting their colours. The nice ones he paid me for and stocked them in his tank to sell. They others would have had to have been culled, and so he sold them as feeders. I always felt bad about the feeder bunch, but I had several females and ended up having about 70-100 new fry every 10-15 days. Obviously not something one can house.

I no longer breed guppies, but I enjoyed it for almost a decade. Wow, I sound old lol...

Just to say...there might be some other options that might even financially benefit you.

I actually live sort of close (about an hour away) from Elmer's Aquarium. I've thought about calling them to see if they accept fry, but I haven't gotten around to doing so because I just dread driving that far to get rid of a handful of fish, lol. I'll probably call them this week though to check out my options, because I really do need to figure something out and I don't want to let my 55 gallon become overstocked as the fry continue to grow.

I also just posted an ad in this weekly free ad for my area to see if anyone is interested in them. It is basically like a mini craigslist just for my small town and surrounding small towns. I've had really good luck selling things in the past with it, just never tried fish or anything. But they do have a category where people can post ads for animals and pets and such, but it's usually just cats, dogs, horses, etc. Hopefully I'll have some luck with that though.

I might be interested in some of the dalmatian mollies, maybe even your adults if you just want to get rid of the male and not have the breeding problem. How much would shipping be to the zip code 40372?

I might be interested in some of the dalmatian mollies, maybe even your adults if you just want to get rid of the male and not have the breeding problem. How much would shipping be to the zip code 40372?
I may be interested in getting rid of the male, but not sure yet. I'll know more by the end of this week probably, as I'm going to consider getting a new tank to start cycling and possibly separate my adults.

Forgive me for asking such a dumb question, but I've never had to quote a shipping price on anything online so I'm not sure the easiest way to get you a price quote. I checked on the UPS website but they ask for the dimensions and weight of the package and what not, which I have no idea what it would be until I had them boxed up and ready to ship. Is there some other easy tool out there that will give you accurate shipping quotes?

I'm about to head out to run some errands, so I probably won't be responding to this thread again until later this evening.

For future reference when picking livebearer's, try to stick with all female or all male unless you have a plan for dealing with the fry. And selling the fry isnt usually a viable option, as mollies tend to be very easy to breed and its cheaper for people to buy them at an lfs than to have them shipped from someone else. Easier bred fish species tend to be harder to get rid of and you just end up with a plethora of fry. I agree with the earlier suggestions of giving them away, splitting the pair, or finding a fry-feeding fish. Sorry to the mods for turning the classifieds into a general discussion type-thread but I felt the need to comment on this.

Back
Top Bottom