Discus, 65 Gal Tank and some SW Stuff in Charlottesville

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spoon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello All,

I had a SW tank at work and I have a FW tank at home that I just don't have time for anymore. As a result I am looking for any local people that are interested in the stuff.

First, the fish.

I have 2 Discus that I think are Red Turquiose. I got one from a pet store that closed several years ago and the other from Gwynbrook farms (breeder in MD). They are both about 4-5" I think and are free to a good home.

I also have some liverock and probably 30 pounds of crushed coral from the SW tank. These are also free. They have been out of the tank for several months so they aren't "live" anymore. I can't really say how much rock there is...maybe enough to fill a 10 gallon rubbermaid tote. I can take a pic if anyone is interested.

I will probably also be selling the 65 gallon tank that the Discus are in as well as my RO filter. The filter is the one from Ebay (filterdirect) it's a 85 or 110 GPD RO+DI unit with a tank. The filters were changed a few months ago.

Sorry if this is not the appropriate place to advertise this stuff. I am hoping to send the Discus to a good home and would like to find someone local. Oh, by the way, I am in Charlottesville, VA. 22903.

Moved to Classifieds forum:

You will probably get better exposure here even though you are looking locally for a home for your fish.

Also might want to try craigslist.org.

Ziggy953 said:
I would be interested in the tank and any SW equipment you may have....

You can have the rck and crushed coral. If I find a taker for the Discus, I'll post a price for the tank...once I figure out what I have to go with it.

Are you saying If I come and get it the rock and CC is mine for free? How much rock are we talking about and is it still LR or have you had it out of the tank....I may need to visit C'Ville this weekend :D

Ziggy953 said:
Are you saying If I come and get it the rock and CC is mine for free? How much rock are we talking about and is it still LR or have you had it out of the tank....I may need to visit C'Ville this weekend :D

That's what I'm saying. 8) The rock has been out of the tank for a couple of months so it's no longer live.

The CC is in a 5 gallon bucket. I would like to keep the bucket or if you have one to swap you can just take mine. Send me an email or PM and I can give you directions. I'll be out of town most of the day Saturday but I can leave the stuff outside.

Spoon i would gladly take the discus since i have a tank right now that would be a perfect home for them. That is if you would be willing to ship hem and i would pick up the shipping charrges. please lmk thanks

bballsosh said:
Spoon i would gladly take the discus since i have a tank right now that would be a perfect home for them. That is if you would be willing to ship hem and i would pick up the shipping charrges. please lmk thanks

I would love to give them a local home but I haven't had any offers for them yet.

What's involved with shipping them? I was around when my buddy would get shipments to his store but I didn't really pay much attention. I would be willing to consider it. Any links or other references.

bballsosh said:
also i would love to see a pic of the discus if possible

Sure, I can do that. Let me give this another week or so to see if someone local pops up. Also, work is going to be busy until the middle of next week so I probably wouldn't ship until then anyway. That will give me some time to get some pics.

Back
Top Bottom