For Sale: Extra Driftwood -All Sizes-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Blueberry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all. When I was looking for driftwood for my tanks, I went a little overboard and picked up every piece on the beach that looked interesting. Turns out I ended up with over 70 pieces and only used 3 in the end. Instead of throwing the extras in my fire pit, I thought I'd post pictures of them and see if anyone else was interested in any of them. They can all be seen at:

photobucket.com/super_blueberry_driftwood

I'm starting the prices at $3, and I won't go over $20 for any. Shipping will vary depending on size. If you see any that interest you, let me know. For now, this is pretty informal. We can work out details through PM's. If I end up with a bunch if interest, I'll come up with a more structured system. Thanks!

i've taken a look at the driftwood but i can't physically touch it so i can't know for sure if i want it. since you have the wood and probably know each piece, do you know a piece that would work well as a cave? around a foot long and a little bit wide? if you have a piece like that, it would make my life much easier since driftwood can't be found in a bustling city like new york :(

i've taken a look at the driftwood but i can't physically touch it so i can't know for sure if i want it. since you have the wood and probably know each piece, do you know a piece that would work well as a cave? around a foot long and a little bit wide? if you have a piece like that, it would make my life much easier since driftwood can't be found in a bustling city like new york :(

The closest I have is about 3' long. Nothing else is really 'flat'. I'll keep my eyes open for something next time I go hunting!

rkilling1 said:
Are these from a saltwater source or freshwater? Thanks

Freshwater. Lake superior to be exact. Picked these up off the beach. Who knows how long they have been floating and baking on the sun.

Do you have any with caves and holes thru them small enough for a ten? It would need to be a very tiny piece of dw because I am already soaking a large piece for the tank

markiezzi said:
Hi,

Do you know if these pieces need to be boiled for fear of Tannins?

Thanks
Mark

I would boil them just to see how much they release. They have been floating in the lake for who knows how long, then basking in the sun on the beach until I picked them up. Of the three I put in my tanks, only 1 leeched any tannins.

Back
Top Bottom