FREE to good home. 2 Tiger Barilius - NY/NJ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiltrip

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I live in the Rockland County / Orange County, New York area (also right by Bergen County, NJ). I have two Tiger Barilius fish I'd like to find a new home for. I believe they are sometimes called Ozola Barbs. They are both 2-3" approx. I currently have them in a 10 gallon tank and I'd like to stock it with different fish. smaller, more peaceful fish. Reply if interested.

Not a bad place to post this generous offer, but I've moved it to the classifieds section (also) so that others who don't check this forum as often can see it too. I've left a shadow topic here.

in regards to the link above. it seems, as a link it will not work, but if you copy and paste that address directly into your address bar in Explorer/Navigator it will display the image.

Barilius are Afro-Asian cyprinids (think barbs, etc.). They are generally schooling fish and can be found in fast-moving water and in lakes. Most of them aren't particularly attractive unless you like silvery fishes but some of them are attractively banded. They are predatory on small organisms. From what I have heard they are really accomplished jumpers.

Some people used to use the genus Barilius for the Asian species and the genus Opsaridium for the African ones, though I don't know if this classification scheme ever really 'stuck'.

Back
Top Bottom