For Sale: Happy & sad news - taking down tank - Any Ohio people interested?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Happy and sad news - found out Monday I am pregnant! We of course are thrilled and very happy :)

Sad news is, my husband agrees with me, that with everything else going on, I wont have time ( and soon wont be able to physically do water changes etc) for the tank. I really really love this tank and its been a labor of love and lots of hard work and of course enjoyment, but I know, sadly, its for the best. I know eventually I will start a new tank later on down the line, but with us being new parents for the first time, and having a dog and two cats and working, I know the tank would suffer. I will be keeping most of the equipment but selling off all livestock and the tank and stand. Ive had most of the livestock for over 5 years. A lot of the coral for about 4 years. Its funny, never thought i'd be so attached to fish :)

I live in Findlay, Ohio .. local pick up only ( if you're willing to drive here to get it that is :) )

I have:
2 clowns, one is a ocellaris, the other I was told was a snowflake.. it looks different but I cant confirm. Larger clown ( ocellaris) is 5 years old, the smaller is around 1 or so.
5 year old royal gramma
5 year old beautiful coral beauty who has been a star tank mate.. has never touched coral at all
about 60-70lb live rock, 15# or so of live sand, 10 ish or so pounds of dead 'live rock' in a 5 gallon bucket
75 gallon tank, stand
a handful of hermits and snails, various corals including: a large lobo, large pink montipora, medium acro ( very pretty!), lots of green hairy mushrooms, gobstoppers ( pink palys) blue zoas, a handful of maroon zoas, 15+ headed duncan, 4 headed frogspawn, a good size clove polyp colony, two large colonies of green star polyps, candycane coral, lots of recovering brown montipora digitata with some sort of elkhorn looking coral inbetween, a medium sized green montipora, a large pink fuzzy fast growing stony coral ( sorry dont know name..) a small purple and green favia, medium sized branching pink stony coral ( sorry dont know name again) and other various little things.

I dont have prices listed at the moment, but please feel free to make offers until then.. I've attached a few pictures.
I am so sad to see all this go, but I know its for the best.. I have about 7-8 months to sell it all.

Attachments

• tank113.jpg
    tank113.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 278
  • tank213.jpg
    tank213.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 285
  • tank313.jpg
    tank313.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
What kind of price would you do on all the corals or all the SPS.

I'll start looking up prices.. I've only been to a few frag swaps and bought / sold stuff very small so I have to do a bit of research. I'll post asap.

Gotta get rid of everything else of course, first, but $100 for tank and stand sound fair? If not, offer.. It has to go eventually :) its a solid wood stand.. has a bit of wear, but has held up great. I'm in Findlay

Whenever you figure out what you'd like could you give me a price on everything. Me and another member are interested in splitting it between the two of us. Unless the other member above me is close enough to pick up don't wanna step on your toes lol

I'm interested in your small clown and royal gramma plus whatever is hosting the clown and any mushrooms the others above don't want.

The little clown likes the duncan and green hairy mushrooms a lot. He has hosted both.. LOL, though I think the mushrooms are a bit less irritated about it. I'll get together some prices today.

Lobo - large, about size of large grapefruit, greyish blue color. Blue/purple under LED's - $60
Large Pink Pavona coral - fist sized -attached and encrusted on a baserock piece - $50
very large pink with purple polyps, attached to a rock -( 9-10" across) montipora - $100
4 headed frogspawn - $40
Large acro ( purpleish,green) - $60
3-4 large rocks with 5+ large green hairy mushrooms - $40 a piece or $100 for all 3
two rocks with a large green star poylp colony - $30 a piece
small trumpet coral frag ( 4-5 heads) - $20
large rock with lots of montipora digitata, a bit of what i'm guessing to be elk horn coral, maroon zoas ( about 10-20) a little clam of some sort, sponge, lots of tiny feather dusters - $100
purple/green favia frag - $20
two frags of everlasting gobstopper palys ( 10+ heads) one freestanding, one attached to rock with some other coral. freestanding - $40, with rock - $60
medium sized purple and green clove polyps = $40
large multiheaded duncan $50
small encrusting pinkish monti - $10
medium green monti - $25
5-6 head frag light blue zoas - $30
unknown pink branching fuzzy looking coral - $20
green/maroon candy cane coral ( heads on large branches) 12 total heads in two pieces - $40 or $20 for each one.
beautiful star tank mate coral beauty ( approx 4-5 years old) - $20
5 year old medium ocellaris clown ( named him gimme LOL) - $15
1 year old snowflake clown - ( small) - $50
4-5 year old royal gramma - $15
handfull of snails and hermits I have left - $10
medium/large tiger serpent star - $20
tank + stand - $100

I'm sure Ive missed a few things, but this is a good start. See something you like but not sure the price is right? Please shoot me an offer :)

Last edited:
What would you do for ALL the corals as one package deal?

update - sold stuff and reduced prices

update - Thank you to a local friend of mine for a few purchases and help with pricing.

Lobo - sold
Large Pink Pavona coral - fist sized -attached and encrusted on a baserock piece - $30
very large pink with purple polyps, attached to a rock -( 9-10" across) montipora - $100
4 headed frogspawn - sold
Large acro ( purpleish,green) - sold
3-4 large rocks with 5+ large green hairy mushrooms - $40 a piece or $100 for all 3
two rocks with a large green star poylp colony - $20 a piece
small trumpet coral frag ( 4-5 heads) - sold
large rock with lots of montipora digitata, a bit of what i'm guessing to be elk horn coral, maroon zoas ( about 10-20) a little clam of some sort, sponge, lots of tiny feather dusters - $60
purple/green favia frag - $15
small encrusting pinkish monti - $10
medium green monti - $25
5-6 head frag light blue zoas - sold
unknown pink branching fuzzy looking coral - sold
medium sized purple and green clove polyps = $30
1 frag of everlasting gobstopper palys ( 10+ heads) attached to rock with some other coral. $50
large multiheaded duncan $40
green/maroon candy cane coral ( heads on large branches) 12 total heads in two pieces - $40 or $20 for each one.
beautiful star tank mate coral beauty ( approx 4-5 years old) - $20
5 year old medium ocellaris clown ( named him gimme LOL) - $15
1 year old snowflake clown - ( small) - $30
4-5 year old royal gramma - $15
handfull of snails and hermits I have left - $10
medium/large tiger serpent star - $20
tank + stand - $100
** or ... all coral left for $300, tank/stand $100, fish $50, any left over rock $2 pound or all left ( everything!! for $500) ***

I would love to take the tank and stand off of your hands. Got any more pics of the stand?

I can get more pictures for you :) I should have 'em up by the end of the day. Stand and tank are a bit worn ( I got it used myself). Glass has some superficial scratches on the inside.. no structural problems with it however.

Could you post a close up of the little snowflake? I'm close to 3 hrs away also but have been wanting one. I wonder if he would make the trip ok.

Sorry, got really busy, I will post pics asap.. Sure! I'll try to get closer pics of him too. I imagine so, I know the online places do ship fish overnight

That would be great, and is that group of mushrooms in the 2 pics you posted the that usually host him How much would they be? I only have 2 48" VHO T12's (10k) so not enough light for most corals, definitely not enough for an anemone.

Sold a lot of stuff, but still have some left.. lots of green hairy mushrooms ( Keimaxbode ... $40 for both rocks? ) Green montipora, large pink montipora, encrusting small montipora, green star poyls, large tiger serpent star, lots of rock with some coral, several headed pink gobstopper palys. And, of course the tank and stand. I can get an updated pic.. please make an offer for the rest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom