looking for canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justDIY

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi y'all

I'm looking to get a used fluval 404 or eheim 2215 / whatever canister filter for a fw tank

I don't need any media, just the baskets/trays

if the seals are good and the impeller and shaft are in good shape, I'm happy

let me know via pm

Well I am considering getting rid of my 3 month old Filstar XP3 (being replaced by a refugium). I just built the refugium and the overflow, but want to test it to make sure all is good. When I get back around Jan 4th I should know if all is merry. Anyway if you still need a canister filter and are interested in mine by then, pm me. Good luck :)

I have a Magnum 350 that I could get rid of pretty cheap.. Or I would be willing to trade it for a cheap heater and some source of water movement device... lol

Let me know,
James

how noisey are the filstar and magnums?

this is going into a bedroom tank, so noise is an issue ;)

the magnum would be great to have as a portable micron filter - but does it accept various filter media... i don't remember it having any trays or areas to put stuff

I know that the magnum 350 didnt bother me when it was in my bedroom.. It worked great on a 29gal aquarium.. lol But I am a pretty hard sleeper...

James

but does it accept various filter media
All I know is that it has a media cartridge that you can add media too such as carbon.. It also accepts the paper filter media as well..

James

the only pump I have like that is a 750 gph emergency pump (runs off 12 volt battery)

my other pumps are just tiny maxijets - hopefully my 'real' pump, an amp master 3000, will be here in a week or so.

Okay just wondering... once I get back (Jan 5th or so) and test the refugium, overflow, and skimmer that I made and make sure all is in order I'll either trade or sell the XP3 if you are interested by then.

cj10488, if nobody else claims it, I would be interested in your Magnum.. I need another one for the 46.

I do have a spare 150w submersible tetra heater and an aqua tech 3PH powerhead, both are used in good working condition.

Back
Top Bottom