Wanted: Male albino bristle nose pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennae

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'd take a short fin or long fin variety but absolutely has to be male and albino. Shipping would be to 46356. If you have a long fin pair m/f I'd be interested in that also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I hope you find one. I bought my ABN male from Ebay. I bought him as a 3inch male with bristles. His name is Lucky The seller was Imperial Tropicals in Lakeland Florida. I also had my heart set on a male. Look on Ebay live fish for sale then click on Plecos. There are both long finned and short finned ABN on there. Alison

I got my lil abp from chard 56 great quality. ( too young to sex however). Btw I've been to imperial tropical a and its a great place the owner is very nice and knows what's he's doing. Very fair and reasonable prices

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs

Ah ok. Good idea. The breeders around here have the market cornered and won't sell anything but unsexable juveniles. Sounds like you had the same problem.

Not really. I didn't mind what gender I got I only asked for two Angels from him but he threw in a free bristlenose as if he somehow knew I needed them. Lol.

I got my lil abp from chard 56 great quality. ( too young to sex however). Btw I've been to imperial tropical a and its a great place the owner is very nice and knows what's he's doing. Very fair and reasonable prices

Where is Imperial Tropicals? I grew my females from young unsexable fish. I don't really want to start over and do that again with a new group of juvies. I want to breed what I have. If I have to buy another group I'll get the long fin version this time.

Hey thanks for the tip. Just Googled them and they have a male for sale! !!

Np. From what I've seen of imperial ( I've drove there from Orlando to Lakeland and had a personal tour by Mike.D the manager/owner) expect to get a top notch pleco. Glad you like what he has to iffer

Always good to get a recommendation from someone who is not only a customer but has been there. Here in Chicagoland the breeders will sell me groups of plecos but they don't want competition with me breeding also. Hehe little do they know!!

When my Lucky arrived he was more like 4 inches nose tip to tail and very healthy. With a snout full of bristles. He also is Mr Personality. I think you will be very pleased. .....Alison

They sure do. He loves to come to the front on the glass hoping it's feeding time. He used to like the center of the zuchinni squash when he has it . Now on day one he eats all the peel first, then the next day he eats the rest. I also had to remove my gold mystery snail from that tank because he was using him or her for a soccer ball and head butting him or her into the glass walls over and over. He never bothers the nerite snails or any of the fish he lives with. He is a character to say the least. Did you order one yet? Alison

That's so funny about the mystery snail! I didn't order one yet. I have some guppies coming and that will take up my two extra qt tanks. I'll be setting up a better fish room with more tanks within the week so I will order him soon.

I don't think my mystery snail was amused. Took him awhile to finally poke his antennas out after he was put in the other tank. Other than I am sure he had a headache, he appears to be fine. Lucky you having a fish room. Alison

I don't think my mystery snail was amused. Took him awhile to finally poke his antennas out after he was put in the other tank. Other than I am sure he had a headache, he appears to be fine. Lucky you having a fish room. Alison

Well my fish room is really the basement which isn't finished so it's just concrete floor and concrete block. I have stands that hold mutiple tanks and my father and I put in more electric with GCFI outlets etc for safety. It's a good thing too because some tanks are open and one time the cats knocked a light into a tank. We bought more electrical supplies to add more tank racks today. So I'll create a new thread soon with my progress.

Nice, a fish room or rack is my dream, another dream ( that could happen) is setting up a breeding pair of fake zebra pleco a in a pond or Big tub. I've always admired zebras from a far ( not so much their price) and while fake zebras aren't as good as real zebras they Are still cool and much less expensive. Gonna have to start remembering the Ids and sci. Names. Ugh enough of me rambling, have you decided where to buy your BN from?

I'm going to try Imperial Tropicals in a few days. Need to get a qt set up etc. Just got some new tanks tonight but heaters are too expensive at the pet stores so I need to wait for Amazon

Yay! I'll try to make in interesting. I've just been on an adventure. I went to a local sellers house to get plants and he had a male albino bristle nose pleco. $8!!!!! I'll post my other finds on my build thread.

Yay! I'll try to make in interesting. I've just been on an adventure. I went to a local sellers house to get plants and he had a male albino bristle nose pleco. $8!!!!! I'll post my other finds on my build thread.

I have been looking for one too!!! I'm glad you found one!!! Maybe I will soon?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom