MTS available

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfound77951

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have several hundred MTS available. Will trade for low light plant clippings, or you pay for shipping. Just let me know how many you want!

jcarlilesiu took several hundred?!? :) j/k

I'm thinking of trying to breed these buggers in my planted tank by burying some plant leaves in the substrate so they multiply to larger numbers than they currently are at....

7Enigma said:
jcarlilesiu took several hundred?!? :) j/k

I'm thinking of trying to breed these buggers in my planted tank by burying some plant leaves in the substrate so they multiply to larger numbers than they currently are at....

Drop in more algae wafers then your fish eat (not too much though) and you will have plenty mts in no time! I don't think burrying plants under substrate will help though.

(It is bad advice to overfeed, but if you don't overdo it, your mts will take care of the excess food and multiply rapidly.)

That's a good idea that I might try during my blackout. I have some algae problems right now that would prohibit me from adding more food (throwing off my fert levels), but during a blackout the algae will have no light source and so shouldn't be able to grow...

sudz, your in the same boat as me. They do a good job of aerating the substrate, and will eat the dead plants off the bottom, but AFAIK do not really do much if any algae removal. You want the nerite snails that I'm in the process of trying to find locally.

Mine from liquidphyre came in a ziplock bag with a papertowel that had them inside. I also think there was a leaf or two with a tiny bit of algae on it.

A wet paper towel is better than water. They just need to stay wet, and all the air in the bag is available for them to breathe.

Wet paper towels work great, mine got here just fine, thank you tnb. The hard part is keeping them alive after you get them. Pond snails ship well this way also.

Back
Top Bottom