Wanted: Need plants for a new 2.5 gallon setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cherokeeluvr

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all!
I'm getting a new 2.5 gallon tank today to setup over spring break. I would like the following plants:
1. Anubias petite
2. Flame moss
3. Stargrass (before getting this I would like to know if it can grow under a stingray finnex light with no co2)
4. Vesuvius Sword
5. Crypt wendetti green
6. Star repens
7. Maybe some microsword
8. Possible some riccia or fissidens Fontanus
9. Any other plants that you suggest for a low tech small tank!!
*Comment with what you have, how much you have, and what your asking for it!
* not all of these plants are for the 2.5, some are for my other tanks :)
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you go on eBay there are sellers offering like 5 different lowlight plants for under $20. Just type in plant package!

I have no problem growing Star Grass on a T8 30watts no co2. I dont think your would be a problem. Of course i do ferts also. Hope that helps.

I have no problem growing Star Grass on a T8 30watts no co2. I dont think your would be a problem. Of course i do ferts also. Hope that helps.

It will be in a 2.5 gallon tank with a 4 watt finnex stingray light. I just got the tank in the mail and the light is really bright!

If you go on eBay there are sellers offering like 5 different lowlight plants for under $20. Just type in plant package!

Thanks, I looked, but I think I can get them cheaper from people on here :)

And if you have any of the plants on the list available please comment!

I have some star grass need to be trimmed. I'll see how much for priority Shipping and ill give it for you for free to try out if you want. I think it should be fine with that light, although ferts & Excel might be best to aid for the 1st week-2nd week so the plants can revive from damaged of being trimmed and there it'll take off. ?

As Addition, i dont know if you want some BlyXa Japonica. I have left overs and they are begin to die soon. If you want it i can also give it to you. Just cover the shipping fee.

I have some star grass need to be trimmed. I'll see how much for priority Shipping and ill give it for you for free to try out if you want. I think it should be fine with that light, although ferts & Excel might be best to aid for the 1st week-2nd week so the plants can revive from damaged of being trimmed and there it'll take off. ?

Awesome! Do you have anything else? I think that it might be able to be shipped in an envelope. My weather is above freezing. Around 50-60 degrees :)

Atm those are the only ones. I've thrown my trimming away or let my crayfish eat them. Lol if you posted sooner. But star grass will be kinda big for a 2.5 gal. :) maybe Blyxa would be ok. They tend to get tall real quick

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Which one gets tall quickly? And about how big are each leaf on on the Stargrass?

And is the bylax (or however you spell that) Japan a high tech plant? As I said above I've got a 4 watt led for a 2.5 gallon tank. And does that plant get really big?

Both but the grass are broad. The leaves are 1 inch long. Bc i have co2 so maybe they grow big

I dont know about the blyxa but the star grass should be fine. They are both medium-highlight plants.

How much do you think shipping is?

You can pm me your zip and ill check the rate

Ok the plants I really need are:
. A 5 or so inch anubias petite
. About a softball size of flame moss (really need this, even if you have less comment)
. 3 Vesuvius swords
. 3 crypt wendetti green or crypt parva
I really need the plants above. The top 2 are my top priority but I also need the bottom plants. Need these plants soon!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426192214.925146.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426192231.407409.jpg

The star grass is coming from that tank and another, noted: leaves might not be the same length.

But im giving it for free so i dont see why picky, "...i mean no disrespect." ?

Susswassertang is the best for mid-ground if you're aiming for shrimps ?

Btw if you want a highlight 2.5, DIY (a) compact fluorescent spiral bulb (day light 23watt 1650 lumens) like i did for this tank. My tank is 14-15 inches high and my plants thrive without CO2 before. The Glossostigma e. Is tanking the foreground within 2-3weeks already.

In my opinion your led might or might not be enough to be medium light.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426192526.409937.jpg

Back
Top Bottom