For Sale or trade: Plants & Bettas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No problem. I didn't know you were interested in breeding, that's the same reason why I haven't bred her either yet. Unfortunately that's my only dark colored female right now

No problem. Good luck to you. Feel free to send me a pvt message if you want to discuss betta breeding. I've never done it, but I have been doing my homework since november, I will give it a shot during the summer.

Sounds good! I just started breeding like 5 months ago, but this is my first show quality spawn. The parents are both imports, a blue Dalmatian and a blue mustard marble HMPK fry are 5 weeks as of now and just starting to get their color

The only intimidating part is the first 2 weeks. I am not sure if I am emotionally prepared to handle the feeding in such a delicate eco-system. Do you feed them every 4 hours? Is it enriched with D-complex?

One of the reasons american bettas are so lame is not genetics but nutrition, specially in the formation period. It requires a LOT of manual labor...

I used live plants, and tons of them, so for the first week they were eating infusira, after that I started them on microworms 2x per day and am actually still using them now. They get fed 2-3x per day as much as I can get on my finger at once. They stay alive for 40+ hours so I haven't had a problem. BUT I had a small spawn because I didn't condition at all, because I wanted something small, started with 30 and now am to about 21.

The reason they feed them every 3-4 hours in Thailand has something to do with the develpment of the swim bladder: if the digestive track is too full, they end up not developing the swim bladder.

It sounds like you know what you are doing. I wouldove to see some pictures of the baby bettas.

Sounds good! I just started breeding like 5 months ago, but this is my first show quality spawn. The parents are both imports, a blue Dalmatian and a blue mustard marble HMPK fry are 5 weeks as of now and just starting to get their color

I would love to see pics of your parent betta's if possible?! They sound beautiful. Thanks

Dad
img_2378384_0_2c059c6bbe07ae487022dacc65b32d8e.jpg

Mom - she has the x-factor but is just so unique that I couldn't help myself with using her
img_2378384_1_1069339f5e9f13da761c35d72b3aaaff.jpg

Thanks!
I'll start postig pics of the babies once they get their color more. Keep checking back if you'd be interested in one or a couple. Will be ready at the end of April

If you get a nice female with a non-red halfmoon tail we might do business! My tank for her will be ready on the third week of March, so perfect timing.

java ferns, anarchis, banana plant, giant duckweed, RCS, and all bettas but the cambodian CT are SOLD.

BUT
I do have some water sprite that I have available now! $1 a piece. These are used as floaters, so they are wider rather than tall, but are a good 3" wide and once planted will grow tall! Have about 5 available

The Cambodian and water sprite are both still available. I am waiting on an order of heat packs at the moment though so I don't know when I would be able to ship. Hopefully this coming Monday, maybe not until the following. If you are still interested PM me and we can talk about payment

Update::

Everything in this thread is officially sold.

If you have already contacted me about an order, I will fill it and ship asap, but will not be taking anymore orders!

I was offered a 50 gallon as a trade for a couple betta fry so I'm going to have to keep all my trimmings to start filling that.

Thanks everyone for your purchases :)

Do you still have any of the female bettas still? I'm really interested in the grissley blue ones but any would do! PM me the details if you could! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom