Plants galore free + shipping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People recieving these plants, PLEASE do not ever flush or even remotely accidentially get any of these plants especially the ambulia into the water system,this means your drains. Not only can you be fined if ever caught but you will single handedly wreck havoc on your local and possibly state wide water ways if you introduce it to the native waters. I have this plant and am getting more from KAI on the next trim, I cannot urge you enough to be careful how you dispose of this plant or any part of this plant.

Not trying to be a party pooper but as an avid outdoorsman and conservationist as well as the obvious hobbyist I have to say something to let you know exactly how crucial it is to wrap this plant in paper towels, put into a baggie and then throw it in the garbage or just toss it into a compost pile(just the plants) if you have one.

PLANTS Profile for Limnophila sessiliflora (Asian marshweed) | USDA PLANTS
its only in 3 states so far, please done let your state be next.

Kai, is that guppy grass in the center of that last pic? that looks like dwarf sag a bit. And your daughter crypts have gotten bigger, PM me on your next trim and we will get together to trade. I still got tons of guppy fry that will be ready in a few weeks if you are interested. I got some pretty ones this time.

Hey White

Actually the ambulia is this...not sessiflora. I got the wrong name. Ambulia (Limnophila indica), it is also from asia, but not the problem/banned one.

It was ordered from aquariumplants.com and I don't think it's on a banned list. They don't ship banned plants and give warnings in the descriptors.

And that is dwarf chain sword in the middle. It looks alot like dwarf sag...even in all the pictures I have seen I can not really tell the difference. Sag seems to be more sticky uppey though.

Ok, sorry but I saw asian ambulia and was like :shocked!:, I had to agree to a disclaimer to get mine from a hobbyist and checked around and noticed how bad they really were. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ok, sorry but I saw asian ambulia and was like :shocked!:, I had to agree to a disclaimer to get mine from a hobbyist and checked around and noticed how bad they really were. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
very good point though, regardless of whether it is banned or not, we all still need to be careful of letting anything out in our waterways that isnt already there ;)

It's no worry...actually...I wonder about alot of this myself. Alot of plants have members in their plant family that are considered noxious weeds, and others that are not. It can be very confusing.

I was also surprised to find out that some noxious plants could be sold out of retail places, but never shipped. It seems counterintuitive, nonetheless, we all must be mindful in our hobby, not only of plants, but snails and water treatments alike. This hobby requires an interaction with many elements that are dangerous to ourselves and our environment. I appreciate the forewarning even though it didn't really apply in this particular case. Awareness is the most responsible thing to promote. So thanks for that and reminding me to correct my mistake.

I actually went back last night to look online at my reciepts when I noticed the difference in name and looked up the differences. :)

As a side note WhiteDevil, I will be placing an order with aqua botanic. I found some red plants that I have been searching for. And despite my best efforts to but/trade on various forums, I am biting the bullet and ordering before it gets too cold. I will be happy to share some cutting once they grow in.

This is what I am going to order:

Kleiner bar Sword submersed LG

Petite Anubias Nana
for only $4.99...great price eh :)
Myriophyllum tuberculatum
Red Nesaea

I am particularly excited about the last two. Apparently Red Nesaea stays somewhat short making it a perfect middleground plant :)

Let me get my printer hooked up I will PM you the invasive plant list with pictures for our area.

Let me get my printer hooked up I will PM you the invasive plant list with pictures for our area.

Kewl...I mostly use the web...I have checked out the list alot since deciding on a planted tank.

You might be humored to see these side my side pictures of limnophila sessiliflora and indica:
http://www.aquaristik.de/shop1/images/limses.jpg
http://aquariumbg.com/images/plants/Limnophila_indica_s.jpg

I laughed when I tried to distinguish these two varieties. And to be completely honest. I don't think the variety I have is either of those. I think it is straight out limnophila aquatica. Aquariumplants.com has great plants, but it wouldn't be the first time they sent me an imposter for a plant. I also have a tiger lotus that is supposed to be red, and it is in fact the green variety and also a plant that was supposed to be limnophila hippuroides that I am certain is aromatica. They all look similar, but some are more common and easy to come by than others. Of course it's impossible to argue with their customer service over the phone. :p

kai, good news, plants came, they look AWESOME! already in my other tank letting the loose leaves, etc come off before doing a big water change and sorting out which plants go in what tank... very very very happy right now, i have something to look forward to doing tonight :)

Awesome:) I am happy that you are happy. Woot! For the ambulia, wisteria and hygro you can just pinch off the tops and shove them back in the bunch. You can pinch them with your thumb nail or with some scissors to prune them.

In my hands the wisteria readily forms roots all along its stems which I found pretty, but if you don't like it you can alway pinch off the roots without affecting the plant. The hygro poly will do the same at times, but not as much. These roots make it easy to propogate new bunches, but even without that, they will form new roots quickly, so they take to growing very fast after being cut. The ambulia grows a little slower than the first two, but still fairly fast. In higher light the nodes become more distanced, but in lower light more compact. I prefer the more compact look, but oh well.

I can't wait to see what you do with the aquascaping :)

i put a few of them in my 10g, im going to let the others perk up from the trip in the other tank. wierd, but my new tank is nice and clear and bright, the one with plants is all yellow tinted and dark... hmmm... anyways, thanks so much, ill definately post pics as soon as everything is set up and running :)

Enjoy! Kai mailed me a package as well and it's all I can do to keep the plants from putting on a 'Little Shop of Horrors' production. These puppies grow FAST!

Kai, just received the plant package and everything is in excellent shape. I have them in the tank now and will be arraging them tonight. Thanks again for the fine specimens and extras too!

Colt

still have some plants available? i am looking to plant a 125 gal with medium light... approx 4 watts per gal. which plants would you recommend?

Got my stuff Saturday, spent most of the day playing with it and then most of Sunday admiring it. Kind of a jungle-ish mess right now but at least everyone has a place to hide. Thanks again!!!
img_1051227_0_84e789d6720043ce211d9412038658fd.jpg

Kai, just received the plant package and everything is in excellent shape. I have them in the tank now and will be arraging them tonight. Thanks again for the fine specimens and extras too!

Colt

Awesome Colt!!! Glad everything arrived okay to sunny TX. Its down in the 40s here now and with chilly wind. Not yet winter but it doesn't feel like fall either. Glad I could get things shipped before the big cold snap that is coming.
Be sure to post pictures of the new aquascaping :)

still have some plants available? i am looking to plant a 125 gal with medium light... approx 4 watts per gal. which plants would you recommend?

I am all out of plants for now. I might have more in a couple weeks, but I am only willing to ship them priority when the weather keeps the temp above 55F. I will let you know if we warm up a bit and we can see if shipping is doable.

For your lighting, the sky is the limit really. I have 3.8wpg and I can grow just about anything with CO2 and fertilizers in my tank. You can afford to be picky. Keep your eye open in classifieds and barter.

I personally am looking for texture and colour in my aquascaping scheme more than anything else. I am hoping to aquire some bright reds/oranges and deep purple greens. I have some pictures posted on my profile page, one with labels of what the plants are commonly called.

You may also refer to plantgeek.net for some ideas or to aquariumplants.com

The latter sells packages of plants for aquascaping. When I started I referred to these aquapacks and the pictures to decide which plants might go well together. Since your light is so high, you can go with almost anything so long as your fish are compatible, not to much salt and the temp in your tank isn't too high. Most plants like cooler water. Hope this helps. Feel free to pm me if you have other questions.

Got my stuff Saturday, spent most of the day playing with it and then most of Sunday admiring it. Kind of a jungle-ish mess right now but at least everyone has a place to hide. Thanks again!!!
img_1051469_0_84e789d6720043ce211d9412038658fd.jpg

Looks awesome!!!

Is that driftwood leaning in the center? I like the flow of the tank. It looks very natural.

Here is a quick FTS with the new plants. Sorry, I took it in the middle of some maintenance so a little dirty, but wanted to get a shot before the lights went out.

Attachments

• FTS 11-18-09.jpg
    FTS 11-18-09.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom