Wanted- Coral Frags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jasno999
I think the point they are trying to make is, it's worth a check just in case. If one of the filters are bad or for whatever reason, it's worth a check just for your sake and you can eliminate that as a possible cause. One more thing I want to suggest is, when you get your phos kit, test the pre-mixed water you are doing water changes with just to be sure the salt your using isn't adding anything.

Any way you can post a picture of your mushroom? I would only worry if it's turning white. Those brownish colors may be normal.

I will try to find a photo for you. I can't seem to get a clear one but I will try to get the one I have online posted for you today. It has since gotten a bit more brown.

I have read that they turn brown when there is too much light. It is not that they are in a threat of death from it but I would like to keep the mushroom at a light level that will allow it to maintain some nice colors. It was a green color when I purchased it but it was not fully extended when I purchased it either.

I will have to find time on the weekend to build a ledge or some way to get the mushrooms in a shadow. For now I am gooing with the low poer light to see if the mushroom will regain any of its color back. Can't hurt.

As for the bubble coral that thing was fully extended last night. I mean it was huge so I am assuming that it is enjoying the tank and the light.

2468185430061578502EiwzyD_ph.jpg

Or

http://community.webshots.com/photo/219386694/2468185430061578502EiwzyD#

Having seen the photo, your mushroom look great to me. They are nicely expanded and look healty. As does your bubble coral.

Pay no attention to the older photos on the webshots page as that was over a year ago and I have since removed a lot of live rock and re-arranged the tank. The photos I have attached are current.

Ok. YOu really think so? I think they are gettign too much light and are turning that brownish color due to it. That to me means too much light. Like I said they were green when purchased.

They do fully extend each day but I did notice some whiting yesterday.

You see the rest of the tank and how nasty it is with algae?

Cool I tested posphate. In the tank I have 1PPM and in the water out of the RO filter I have between 0.3-0.5 PPM.

I have some posphate remover that I am goign to try to get into a filter and run on the tank. Levels are not super high but not super low either. Need to get it to 0.3 or less. Any otehr ideas besides the posphate remover???

Back
Top Bottom