Any advice on CRS tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warhorseart

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,

My tank cycled for about a month before I bought some CRS. This tank is a 3 ga I bought 9, lost two females the next day. The 7 remaining (5 f/ 2 m) seem to be doing well. 4 of the females were berried and two didn't make it. I noticed tonight what I thought were 5 bugs zipping around my tank but realized they are babies. I've had them for almost a month. I don't know if I brought the babies in or if the ones that died had them or if one of my two berried females had them. They are hiding. One I can clearly see the yellow eggs the other they look more clear/ grey but she's fanning away at it. Ok, to the point... Does this set up look ok? What should I add to it? Everyone in the house are grossed out by them but I can't stop watching them! They are on my left and on my right is my 8 ga Dwarf Seahorse tank.
Thank for any input
Stephanie

image-3607711935.jpg

Hello all,

My tank cycled for about a month before I bought some CRS. This tank is a 3 ga I bought 9, lost two females the next day. The 7 remaining (5 f/ 2 m) seem to be doing well. 4 of the females were berried and two didn't make it. I noticed tonight what I thought were 5 bugs zipping around my tank but realized they are babies. I've had them for almost a month. I don't know if I brought the babies in or if the ones that died had them or if one of my two berried females had them. They are hiding. One I can clearly see the yellow eggs the other they look more clear/ grey but she's fanning away at it. Ok, to the point... Does this set up look ok? What should I add to it? Everyone in the house are grossed out by them but I can't stop watching them! They are on my left and on my right is my 8 ga Dwarf Seahorse tank.
Thank for any input
Stephanie

The setup looks like a great shrimp tank. Sponge filter and lots of plants. Good luck with the babies :)

it looks fine, You can add a cholla wood and moss for added hiding space for the babies, but what you have is sufficent.

The tank looks good...but I'm really jealous of your dwarf seahorse tank lol

Thanks you guys. I'll try to pick up some moss. Easiest tank I own!

Love my dwarfs but they are a lot of work.

Back
Top Bottom