Best Way to Protect Baby Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcourts

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have two egg sacs and i want to try to save as many as i can. i have a betta in my community tank that will stalk anything that falls through the water. i am afraid he will try to eat the baby snails when they hatch!! what is the best device to get to try to take care of this problem?? this is my first time with babies!!! and will my ghost shrimp bother these little guys?

Are they mystery/ apple snails? Your betts is bound to miss a few baby snails , each apple/ mystery snail egg sac can contain upwards of 100 eggs which would over populate you real quickly. Also the baby snails are about the size of a Betta pellet cut in half, so he might not see them

thanks bibbles0o0. they are apple snails. i would like to move them once they hatch to my smaller planted tank to let them grow and then i have various friends that want some and the lfs i always go to said they are always willing to barter:) another thing. i plan to raise my water line back up after these two. is that bad for the snails if they cant lay thier eggs? or might it just be best to move big daddy(aka the male) to my other tank?

It isn't always recommended, but you can scrape them off carefully and reattach them to the new tank.

I wouldnt recommend it because it's stopping the process of natural selection.

Something that keeps the aquarium hobby strong lol.

You'll still probably get about 25-60% of your hatched eggs.

Back
Top Bottom