Breeding RCS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Armoredspider

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering if RCS are easy to breed. Do they give birth to live young or larva? Will endlers eat the baby shrimp? Could they do well in a 6 gallon fluval edge?

RCS do not have a larvae stage so miniature shrimp are born ... I think it's fair to say they would be fair game for must fish. A 6 gal edge shoukd be fine ... Just provide DW, rocks and plants, especially Java moss for protection.

There are several threads on here about RCS. They are easy to breed. But keep you Nitrates below 20ppm. Shrimp are sensitive to those.

They'll breed best without fish, but Endlers are safe with adults. Use lots of plants for shrimplets.
Guppy grass or Java Moss.

I have endlers and a ton of RCS. They reproduce like crazy! Just keep the water clean and like they said, plenty of java moss.

jcolon said:
RCS do not have a larvae stage so miniature shrimp are born ... I think it's fair to say they would be fair game for must fish. A 6 gal edge shoukd be fine ... Just provide DW, rocks and plants, especially Java moss for protection.

What is DW? And would a 12 gallon edge be better?

Driftwood. I have mine in a 6 gal edge and they are happy and breeding but I'd love to have the 12.

Go for the 12. I have the 6.6 and I love it but having the extra room seems like a nice option. Mine was a gift so I didn't choose it specifically.

Back
Top Bottom