Hatching Brine Shrimp/Shrimp Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ExperimentLain

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all! I have been crazy active these last few days :lol:

I am in the process of getting some angels in my main tank. I was looking into hatching brine shrimp. How do I go about doing that? I have read so many different things. I have the eggs, they where given to me, they are San Fransisco bay brand. The instructions seem pretty straight forward and exceedingly simple. (all except keeping the pH over 8.0 when my pH runs 6.0-6.4)

Also... this was what I was initially going to ask about then got something else stuck in my head (haha I am so scatterbrained I am so sorry about this!)

I have a couple small tanks 2.5 - 5.0 gallon (I was thinking to use one for the brines the other for a shrimp tank. I am not sure where to start on a complete invertebrate tank. I know I will only likely have ghost shrimp in it (as I don't know where to get other species), which kind of seems pointless but hey it sounds like fun!
What do you invertibre experts recomend? How do I start it up? What size? What is the best water perimeters for this cute little guys? What substrate?

I know I could probably do the footwork and research all over the internet, I just trust the judgment and advice of the hobbiests on here more than anywhere else!

Thanks for any and all help! I really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom