Moving shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No they are dying their still reddish in color if they were molting then if would be clear and my numbers are diminished to possibly 15-20

Yes I moved about half the water too and the same filter and some of the rocks really the only difference between the two tanks is a different sand and a smaller tank

I don't know here, if your water parameters are good than I'd look into some kind if contamination, or really reaching.. Do shrimp fight over territory? The smaller quarters could causing issues???

It could be that the substrate holds a great deal of BB.

After thinking about it, in regards to my situation, where something similar happened, my opinion is that it was the loss of the biofilm, and bb from sand/substrate, causing a poor environment. I know I did water changes less frequently and maintained the same schedule, although I had less bb to process everything the same as before the tank change. I didn't take into consideration that little info. and I wasn't testing the water because I had been on auto pilot so long, I didn't "need" to.

Also I would check your kh/gh and tds.

Sometimes it is a molting problem. Not enough nutrients and or calcium.

Back
Top Bottom