My shrimp tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samram0829

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've had an empty 10 gallon tank sitting around for the last month or so and I was trying to decide what I wanted to do with it. I acquired some moss recently ( not sure what kind, if anyone can tell from the picture?) and have been watching tons of videos on aquascaping I decided my 10 was going to be for shrimp.
Current stock is 11 ghost shrimp , 1 male betta, and 1 blue mystery snail I do plan on getting more shrimp when I can find a local shop that sells shrimp other then ghost shrimp.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you are going for a betta I would look for a dumbo. The one I have is very energetic and fun to watch

-Weston --Sent Via The Space Time Continuum--

One of my shrimp had babies last night after I brought them home.

Attachments

• 20150520_015117.jpg
    20150520_015117.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 20150520_020153.jpg
    20150520_020153.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 101
You'd probably be okay with Amano shrimp since they are large (as far as micro shrimp go). Juvenile red cherry shrimp might get picked off by the ghost shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've looked around for different kinds of shrimp in stores by me but I can't seem to find anything but ghost shrimp :0/

How do you know when a ghost shrimp is going to deliver fry? Out of 12 ghost shrimp I got yesterday 5 are pregnant and I've been noticing an increase in baby fry.

Just an update about shrimp tank in case anyone was following this thread. My shrimp tank has crashed and burned. I had 12 ghost shrimp, a blue mystery snail, and a betta and I now have 2 shrimp and a snail:( however in my 20gH 2 of my guppies had babies so I have lots of baby fry!!!

What happened? That's bad. Give us details and we might be able to help you figure out what the problem was.

My water parameters where all out of whack. I hadn't really been paying much attention to either of my tanks in the last week as I had a very sick puppy that needed around the clock care. The tank is empty now. I moved the snail this morning when i found the last two shrimp dead. I'm going to empty the tank, clean all the substrate and try again when my water parameters are perfect.

I am unsure if there is a way to delete a post or move it to a different category but I decided instead of doing a shrimp tank I'm going to use my 10 gallon for my guppy fry because my 20 gallon is becoming extremely crowded as 3 of my females have had babies within the week. I'm thinking of temporarily moving my females to the tank as well

Back
Top Bottom