Planaria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok I need your best efficient killer for these little []s[emoji37]

I am moving my shrimp from their current 30g to a 55g qith new substrate so that I hope will help. I will treat tje new tank, all moss, cholla in a Rubbermaid bin before putting it in the new tank and also the old tank since I know there will be shrimp I miss on my initial round up. I have resigned my self to losing all my snails.
I'm Canadian so I'm not sure if I can still get a lot of the meds I see recommended in former posts with all the bew regulations, but I am going to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I ordered the NoPlanaria, it took 17 days to come 173Km, gotta love CP. I left eveything in the tank since it looked like the Ramshorn left in the tank were mostly just shells anyway and I was willing to chance the Bladder snails surviving the treatment. My biggest issue was the dosing instructions are in Metric and I think in Imperial - 1spoonful per 50L day , 1/2 day 2, 1/4 day 3. Figured that part out, dosed D1&2, was still seeing smaller Planaria but no large ones. Last instruction was *keep dosing at every 24 hours if Planaria level is high* so I dosed at 1/2 an extra day or two and so far so good. I've not fed except a little for the Chilies and now I'm ready to risk upsizing the tank. Next challenge will be transferring everyone over [emoji37]

That sounds pretty frustrating.

If you are considering moving the substrate, I would get out all the living things and just do a big dose on the substrate to be sure you got the hiding ones (if there are any left).

No thats the only good thing about the move substrate will only be moving to a fish tank so only a food supply for the fish

Back
Top Bottom