Snail removed from hospital tank. Can he ever go back?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

padderson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently lost a betta to cottonmouth in my quarantine tank. Unfortunately, that tank was his permanent home bc I messed up when stocking my main tank and bought dwarf gourami and betta. I learned quickly they don't go together. I think he got sick from some new catfish I out in quarantine who both died.

I still have zebra danios and guppy fry in my quarantine tank, so I lowered the heater temp and added aquarium salt as per instructions to address any remaining tank problems. Before adding the salt, I removed our little snail and put him in a tiny betta tank that my son had.

I'm not sure of the snail type. Probably just a pond snail. But he came home from my son's classroom after a science module--so he's "special". He's surviving in that tiny bowl (I used tank water and added an algae water), but he doesn't seem delighted to be there. Is there any point at which he can go back into the quarantine tank after the aquarium salt is added? I can't put him in my main tank as it's planted.

Thanks

Pond snails generally don't eat plants if that is what your worried about. How long have you had it?

Sorry for the delay. I am worried about him eating the plants...but would be interested to know if that's not a concern. I'm gong to try to attach a phot of the guy as I'm not sure if his id. But he's not in a great spot for photography...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393351323.080689.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393351389.456440.jpg

Back
Top Bottom