Supplementing diet for japanese trapdoor snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyndaB

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys,

About a month ago, a fellow fishkeeper gave me a japanese trapdoor snail. I love this guy. I'm at work so can't post a photo. He's a good size and seems to be very healthy.

Right now, he's in my 75 gallon. There's lots of natural algae for him but I was wondering what to supplement the algae with. I do put veggies in this tank, but the featherfin cat and the blood parrots go nuts over any fresh veggies, so I'm not sure this guy would have the opportunity to eat it at his leisure. I don't want him to get beat up by the piggy fish in the tank with him.

Any helpful hints welcome. My main concern, as with all my fish, is taking the best care of this guy I can.

Thanks!

Have you tried feeding when the lights are out? I have the same problem with my snails. I,ve started to put an extra vegi clip in my tank for them at night. I,ve heard the trapdoors love live tubifex my friend has one.

The rest of the fish don't seem to care whether it's lights on or lights off. If they see food in the tank, they go after it.

Thanks for the suggestion. (y)

Back
Top Bottom