Tangerine Tigers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Well it looks like I will be getting a pack of 12-15 Tangerine Tiger Shrimp.

Anyone who has these???

This is what the TT breeder is doing now...I asked about keeping them with Cherries...

From the breeder
"I used to keep them cherries and they did just fine. But the cherries will have a hard time if they get out numbered by the Tigers.

When keeping shrimp, I always recommend putting them into a mature tank. The Biofilm that they eat is very essential to their survival and only a mature tank can provide them with the amount they need.

I keep them in RO water that is reconstituted with Fluval Shrimp Minerals. I use a sponge filter with lots of moss. And Up Aqua shrimp gravel.

PH - 6.6
TDS - 150
Temp - 72*

I rarely, if ever do water changes on any of my shrimp tanks and they all breed year round."

This is what I have

pH appx. 7
TDS is appx 150
Temp is at 75

Just sand substrate, Cuttlebone chunk

established tank with Nano Fish Sundanio Axlerodi (2) and Boraras Briggitae (3) lfs is out of them but will have 6+6 or maybe 8 + 8 they are very tiny even as adults. Plan to move one school when I set up my 12G Edge in about a month. (My online Chili fish connection won't have any more for 2-3 weeks.)

I don't think I need to have RO water???? Do I??? The breeder is using RO and adding minerals back in.

I feed Hikari Shrimp Cuisine, and Crab Cuisine, and occasional broken chunks of Hikari bottom feeder wafers, FD tubiflex, FD and fresh brine shrimp. The fish eat Microbites and First Bites. In addition to the above.

I do 25% pwc appx every 3 weeks. May change this to 10% every week if consensus is the fresh water mineral content is necessary.

Will this work out with a gradual acclimation?
Any help would be appreciated...I need to finalize my order asap.

Here is the tank

Driftwood, and planted tank. About a dozen Fire Red Cherry shrimp.

60074-albums9764-picture59829.jpg

Here is a pic of the darling Sundanio, just for fun...
60074-albums9764-picture59827.jpg

whether you need ro water or not depends on what your gh is and ph is. All the reminderalizer really does is add minerals back in so that gh goes to 5.

Most people that keep sensitive shrimps use ro water because their natural tap doesn't hit the parameters the shrimps need.

Like my tap water has a ph of 8, tds 120, gh 1, kh 1

As you can see my gh is too low and ph is too high, and even with the cleanest gh booster (salty shrimp) to get to gh 5, my tds ends at 210. Which is too high, considering i am also going to add other additives.

So i used ro water, i remineralize to gh 5, it will end with 110 tds, 6.5 ph. After all additives that i add to my water, i end with tds 175.

So find out what your water is, before you determined if you need ro water or not.

(generally, i feel like tiger shrimps are much hardier than taiwan bees and crs. So they will probably be able to adapt to your water parameters, IF your gh is 5ish.)

whether you need ro water or not depends on what your gh is and ph is. All the reminderalizer really does is add minerals back in so that gh goes to 5.

Most people that keep sensitive shrimps use ro water because their natural tap doesn't hit the parameters the shrimps need.

Like my tap water has a ph of 8, tds 120, gh 1, kh 1

As you can see my gh is too low and ph is too high, and even with the cleanest gh booster (salty shrimp) to get to gh 5, my tds ends at 210. Which is too high, considering i am also going to add other additives.

So i used ro water, i remineralize to gh 5, it will end with 110 tds, 6.5 ph. After all additives that i add to my water, i end with tds 175.

So find out what your water is, before you determined if you need ro water or not.

(generally, i feel like tiger shrimps are much hardier than taiwan bees and crs. So they will probably be able to adapt to your water parameters, IF your gh is 5ish.)

Thank you for explaining, I will check my numbers this afternoon. Or should I let the water sit overnight or anything before I test it?

I will check on the breeders other numbers too maybe they don't have the test, as they didn't mention it.

Forgot to think of the gh/kh part, glad I was double checking this stuff, you could have saved the day! AA is awesome!

Can't wait to see your tigers! I was thinking of getting some to live with my Blue Velvets. Also, who is your chili connection??? It is sooooo hard to find them!!

Can't wait to see your tigers! I was thinking of getting some to live with my Blue Velvets. Also, who is your chili connection??? It is sooooo hard to find them!!

Thank you, I am pretty excited too!

I am going to guard my secret connection for a few weeks until I get my cash to him! They are out of stock now 2-3 weeks though they are supposed to come!!! because someone else got my 30 fish. Sorry but I missed the last batch by a couple hours because I was at work. :banghead: But I am getting 30 unless he finds me the green or blue Sundanios which I really love and promised to look for for me and as soon as I get my fish paid for I will give you first info!

Then tell everyone else, :oops: It is very hard to get them. I have been trying to get them from one of my two main lfs for several months again, and they are always out!

As for the TT I can forward you the info for that one, I am getting the last package, but I guess they have been breeding like crazy so the next batch won't be long off for availability from what he said.

Thank you. The awesome DW has a batch of awesome slime coat right now/

I have been offered some free baby Albino Bristlenose Plecos from a friend from here who lives nearby. These are kinda Orangish instead of the pale yellow. Very cool looking.

Maybe they will eat it up!

Back
Top Bottom