Tiger nerite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaGal

Aquarium Advice Addict
My tiger nerite cleverly named Tigger was found earlier today in his side on the sand. I put him back upright, but he didn't move. He stayed really deeply retreated into his shell for about 5 hours. He is now coming out and is slowly moving over the rock I had moved him to a little while ago. My question is what on earth could have gotten him so freaked out? I have one flame dwarf gourami that has messed with my gold inca a little bit, never caused damage, but he ignores the nerites. I have three Cory cats. They don't cause any damage unless you count trying to unbury the airstone. The only change in my tank before he did this was I started using Seachem Prime.

Snails don't know what fish are in the tank. If, say, a cory bumps him and he gets rolled over they just hide on instinct. It could be something like that or something totally different. Until my snails start to answer when I ask em a question it's basically all guesswork.

Snails don't know what fish are in the tank. If, say, a cory bumps him and he gets rolled over they just hide on instinct. It could be something like that or something totally different. Until my snails start to answer when I ask em a question it's basically all guesswork.

Lol. I might have found the culprit. The gold inca has just been witnessed wrapping around my significantly smaller tiger nerite and ended up shoving it off his rock. I knew the inca was inclined to try and find s way over the nerites, but I've never seen this.

My bristlenose pleco has his favorite rock "cave" area and when a nerite gets to close she'll knock it right off the rock. I watched her do it the day after I added the snails. I was shocked!

Back
Top Bottom