Whats your personal favorite breed of snail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I,ve got nerites, apple's, tylos & red & blue ramshorns. My favourite would have too be between my apples & tylos just because of their colours & how they look :)

I love ramshorns, particularly because of the nice colors they come in. The blues and pinks are gorgeous. I also like how fast they breed, seeing as I need to keep lots of snails around for feeding my pufferfish. I got some mystery snails recently, and I think they are very pretty as well.

My favorite snails are the mystery snails. I recently brought two baby purple mystery snails . They were very tiny two weeks ago but not any more. I like them because of their colors as well as the fact that I will need two to breed. They seem easier to control then the ramshorns. I also have some ramshorn that rode in on some moss I brought. Their colors are a see through honey brown with a few leopard like spots.They are pretty but they breed like crazy.

cavnoe said:
My favorite snails are the mystery snails. I recently brought two baby purple mystery snails . They were very tiny two weeks ago but not any more. I like them because of their colors as well as the fact that I will need two to breed. They seem easier to control then the ramshorns. I also have some ramshorn that rode in on some moss I brought. Their colors are a see through honey brown with a few leopard like spots.They are pretty but they breed like crazy.

Ramshorns need two to breed, but any two can breed because they are hermaphroditic rather than male or female. Mystery snails need a male and a female to breed.

Alyxx said:
Ramshorns need two to breed, but any two can breed because they are hermaphroditic rather than male or female. Mystery snails need a male and a female to breed.

^^^ Agreed^^^
Ramshorn snails are hermaphrodites, which means they carry both male and female sex cells in which to create offspring. They do however, need another snail to exchange these cells with to mate efficiently and successfully. During mating one decides who will be giving and who will be receiving.

And I am particular to the mystery snail :)

Well I have a few mystery snails and they don't have a ton of babies. It is easier to get rid of the eggs from the top of the tank.

I had one tiny pin head speck of a ramshorn and now I have a ton of them. I understand you need two but these guys are worse then rabbits. I should know cause I breed lionhead rabbits. LoL

I also like a very strange snail called the Don King. It has a little green afro. That will be my next snail purchase.

That Don King snail sounds pretty cool. Also, lion head buns are absolutely adorable.

Here is a pic of the Don King Snail.

image-2936101675.jpg

I think the lionheads are adorable. They are what you would get if you could combine a dogs personality with a cat. :)

Also here is a picture of my purple mystery snail.

image-3334992615.jpg

Back
Top Bottom