1000-1500 gallon pond ?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhaynes01

Aquarium Advice Freak
i am planning to build a 1000-1500 gallon pond in our backyard then once it is setup and cycled and so on i will put all of our fish in our 60 gallon pond in there.

What is the best type of filtration?

what is the cheapest filtration but is good?

and show me a cite on specific instructions on building a cite(a good one please) P.S i know how i would do it (my father is in construction etc. but i want to hear it from the seasoned pros

thank you

As far as filtration, I am still learning. One of the guys on here is the filtration expert, so you will have to wait for him to chime in for the really good information.

The pond forum isn't that busy, try reading the old threads to get a good idea. I know there are some good building links out there, but I can't remember any offhand.

I can help a bit. With a pond like that, i would use a skimmer and a biofalls, from aquascape. THis can get expensive, so i would by their new, smaller ponds. I just got one, it is about 1300 gallons, couple hundered less than 1K, and it comes with literally everything you will need. This is the largest size, there are two smaller ones.

Back
Top Bottom