another crazy idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bumblebean

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I did my entire pond asp backwards. Because it is so big, taking advice from internet pros has not been completely possible because of the cost. The pond is shaped like a horse shoe. One leg is a veggie and submerged biofilter. The other leg was supposed to also be filtration but hasn't been completed as yet because I learned too much too fast and got confused as to how to correct my errors. My errors as I see them are:
1. submerged filtration, IMHO, is less effective than other types in that it lacks oxygen. (it works ok tho and the veggie filter on top of it is pretty)
2. I have no true settlement areas.
3. I have too many leaves in the pond.
I believe that I have solved problems 1 and 2 by creating a huge trickle tower that flows down into that unused leg. As you can see from the picture I hope to attach, a small bridge goes over this leg. The area preceeding the bridge is about 5' deep and excellent for a containment area. I am thinking of attaching brushes from both sides of the bridge to cause the solids to drop into the deep area. A small pump in this set to create a vortex flow would be great also.
My pond load is fairly low (perhaps 13 koi and a few goldfish) and my water parameters are normal. [/img]

Back
Top Bottom