Baby Toads in Pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fox1

Aquarium Advice Regular
We have a small 2,000 gallon pond. I was out there one day and I noticed small baby toads everywhere. They were in the water, on the rocks around the water and by plants. There has to be at least a few hundred of them. I was wondering what I should do with them. I thought that I would let them be and have the goldfish eat them or if I should take out as many as I can and put them in a local pond. I also did not know if all those toads would mess up any of the other life in the pond. Any thoughts would be great!:thanks:

Are they toads or frogs? If they are toads it shouldn't take too long for them to disperse. Toads are natural and shouldn't be messed with, and helpful to have around anyways.

Just let them be and they will all disappear and be on there way and your goldfish will not eat them.

I believe that they are toads but I am not sure. What makes me think that they are toads is that I am finding them further and further away from the pond each day. This makes me thinking that they are dispersing like you said toads would do. Is there any way to differ between the two? Also if they are frogs will they go away on their own?

Why would you want them to go away lol! I would sit outside toad watching all day.

Had two outside by my porch yesterday. They are good creatures who eat all the overpopulated bugs. Toads are usually dark colored and are bumpy. Frogs have a waxy look and can be quite colorful. Frogs like and live in the water, at times while toads only use water to breed. Mostly land creatures.

Back
Top Bottom