frozen blood worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh man, I just started with Blood Worms about 4 days ago. I dropped a full cube in the tank straight out of the freezer. Let's just say "Gone in 60 seconds" was more than just a movie. I ended up dropping in a 2nd one and the same thing happened to that one.

I took one yesterday and stuffed it into the cave that my goby lives in since he didn't come out and join the party. He was thrilled!

Well, consider tank temp (mine is 82), and the fact that they start to break apart almost the instant they hit the water, into the individual worms . . .the thawing process is virtually instant on them as they float towards the bottom . . . take into account for the fact that the Pictus cat generally grabs it and turns it into wreckage before you can blink and its broken into its pieces right away . . . .I've never seen ONE of my fish turn it down. They love the stuff. It's about the only time I see any of my fish fight over food.

Back
Top Bottom