Goldfish sling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So after a month of trying meds I've come to the final conclusion my ryukin has a deflated swim bladder. So he can swim I've built him a sling out of airline tubing, fishing line and a glass bubble. I'll have to do some refining to make it work better but for now here he is :) thoughts?

ForumRunner_20130409_213906.jpg

Wow! You are a dedicated fish mommy!

So the issue is he sinks to the bottom? Glass bubble floats on the surface to suspend him? What about using a fabric for the sling rather than air line? I'm thinking like the whole snowshoe theory that there will be less pressure if his weight is spread out on a bigger sling surface. Maybe panty hose? You could even cut out holes for his fins to go through.

I thought of that but the less places the sling touches his skin the better. I dont want to hurt his slime coat. Maybe a triangle would work better

I thought of that but the less places the sling touches his skin the better. I dont want to hurt his slime coat. Maybe a triangle would work better

That is true. I was trying to think of a fabric that wouldn't harm the slime coat and couldn't really think of anything.

He's got some sore spots already. I decided to take it off and maybe come up with a different idea later

Back
Top Bottom